Sunday, September 7, 2008

I miss you.

Because being away makes me see life almost as clearly as I can when I travel
Because I had an experience last weekend that still hasn't left me
Because I still miss him from it, and I haven't known him a fraction as well as I've known you
Because right now, I actually know him better than I know you now
And that's just not right.

Because I love you.
Because I swore I'd always love you, and I know I always will.
Because we don't avoid the ones we love, to falsely protect the ones we love more.
Or at least, we shouldn't.
Because my True love protects him more than any superficial insulation,
Because he doesn't need protecting, and neither does our Love
And because there is no such thing as loving him "more"
Because he is me and I am you.

Because you believe in Real Things, and yet you had to go just now
Because oh Soj, I love you so much.
It's been almost two years, and two years is too long,
Far too long for us.

Because I knew when we said goodbye that it could be forever
But I didn't know it would be forever like this
And I'm thinking now that I'm thinking about it
It could be forever like That.

I don't want to die, but I could.
You're not meant to go, but you might.
Anything can happen at anytime and we know it
A few of the seemingly only people who grasp the concept
For all that it is and
All that it Means.

Because I think this means that I don't want to take that chance
That the last time I saw you,
When I knew that it could be forever
That it could be Forever.
Not when I miss you this much
Not when I love you this much
Not when there's nothing to hide from, really
But him who is me and I am who am you,
And Love.

Because this is our Life,
And life is so big
And yet life is so short
And I will Love you forever,
And I'm starting to see very little reason to not take you in my arms
To tell you that

To show you that.

Because...since last weekend I've been feeling that old spark
And maybe it was because I was walking in the footprints of our old selves
And because maybe they were still laced with magic.
But whatever the case, since last weekend,
I've been feeling Love
Overflowing, overcoming
My heart has been palpitating since Thursday
And it's kind of scaring me, but
Oh it feels good to feel that
It hurt so bad and felt so good to walk in our footprints
And feel the passion again, for the people I love, on the fringes
(I Never forget him)
To remember,
To feel,
...to Care.

And none do I care for more than you
(remember..."more")

Because two years is too many.

No comments: